What the Sub-Committee will cover
The Privileges and Procedures Committee (PPC) have established a Sub-Committee to consider further the question of reform.
The Sub-Committee plans to undertake a wide-ranging consultation process with all States Members during the second half of 2015, with a view to drafting a proposal for reform in 2016.
In the course of its work the Sub-Committee intends to:
- consider if all States Members should be should be treated equally within the law
- develop proposals to enhance voter equity
- review constituency boundaries
- review the categories, numbers and distribution of elected States Member
- consider the benefits and limitations of various voting systems
The Sub-Committee represents a joint effort between PPC and the Chief Minister’s Office to modernise the Assembly. Its membership includes two PPC appointees and two Ministerial appointees:
- Connétable L. Norman of St. Clement (Chairman)
- Senator P.F.C. Ozouf
- Connétable D.W. Mezbourian of St. Lawrence
- Deputy S.Y. Mézec of St. Helier
Terms of Reference
Agendas and minutes